Monday, October 22, 2012

Different kind of chips


















Every shopping trip I buy a bag of junk. Salty, carby, expensive junk.

So, I decided to make my own salty, carby junk. 

Bagel chips! 

This recipe is a starting point.  Add whatever spices suit your fancy.

Here is how I did it:

Bagel Chips

Ingredients

Package of bagels
olive oil (I started with 1/2 cup and then added more)
a few teaspoons of Italian seasonings
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
salt and pepper to taste

Parmesan cheese

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. 
  2. Slice bagels--thinner slices will become crispier slices.
  3. There will be quite a few bagel pieces. That's just the way it has to be.
  4. Mix the spices and cheese into the olive oil.
  5. Brush bagel slices and bagel pieces with olive oil mixture.
      (I used a lot of oil and kind of regretted it. A thin coating will do.)
  6. Bake on a cookie sheet for about 15 minutes or until desired crispness.
  7. Add more salt if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment